Versatile, Modular Magnetic Crawlers Have Been Developed For Automated Ultrasonic Or Electromagnetic Inspections
The TT-V Crawler is an advanced, lightweight and modular crawler to carry Ultrasonic and Electromagnetic Technique equipment for inspections of vertical and horizontal metallic surfaces. By using permanent magnets, the TT-V can traverse up and down vertical and across horizontal surfaces with ease. A joystick allows steering for turn-on-a-dime maneuverability. The system supplies water to the optional Ultrasonic Transducer as a couplant for continuous thickness measurements.
Special Design Features
- Strong permanent magnets hold system to surface even through several layers of paint.
- Offset wheel design for maximum surface contact at all times.
- Long-lasting, high-torque planetary gear motors.
- Variable speed and steering via joystick.
- Flexible design to travel over obstructions such as weld joints or patched areas.
- Distance data processed through optional quadriture encoder.
- Carries an Ultrasonic Transducer or an electromagnetic scanner.
- Compatible with any flaw detector.
- Contour design option for curved surfaces
- Motorized crawler, Control Electronics, Joystick.
- 100 ft. umbilical cable (30.5m) with reel.
- Fluid delivery control unit and collapsible 5 gal. fluid tank.
- Travel case with transport wheels.
- Single element 5.0 MHz .500″ diameter transducer
Optional accessories and features
- BNC/LEMO adaptors
- Control stick (3 speed, left/right adjustment, forward/reverse)
- Low Frequency Electromagnetic Technique (LFET) electronics package
- Standard Joystick with mux box and preamplifier
- Low Frequency Electromagnetic Technique (LFET) 8 channel 2″ (5.1cm) or 4″ (10.2cm) scanner with attachment
|Technical Specifications for Ultrasonic Crawler System|
|Weight||Crawler – under 12 lbs. (5.5 kg) Cable- 8 lbs. (3.6 kg)|
|Size||Crawler – 10″W (25.4 cm), 11″L (27.9 cm), 4″H (10.2 cm)|
|Power||110/220 VAC 50/60 Hz|
|Wheels||(4) rare earth permanent magnets|
|Motors||(2) 24v planetary gear motors|
|Pump||110 or 220 VAC 100 psi|