he Charpy Impact Tester – TT-AIT is a high-performance impact tester for Charpy pendulum impact test method is used to determine the energy absorbed in an impact test of metallic materials. This test consists of breaking a notched test piece with a single blow from a swinging pendulum and the energy absorbed in the impact test is determined. The TT – AIT series meets the growing demand for accurate and repeatable impact testing of metallic materials in accordance with ASTM and ISO specifications. They are EN 10045-2 ‘Charpy impact test on metallic materials’ – Method for the verification of impact testing machines and ASTM E 23, ‘Standard test methods for notched bar impact testing of metallic materials’. As a general guideline, in North America, most users prefer verifications to the ASTM E 23 method while Europe generally require EN 10045-2 verifications
The TT-AIT Series provides a rigid, integrated assembly offering maximum mechanical performance in order to attain true pendulum impact test specimen energy for metallic materials.
The system incorporates a rigid, compound pendulum mounted on a reduced friction shaft assembly and a solid, vibration-free base. The pendulum is of one-piece construction, designed with a bifurcated support member and accurate pendulum geometry. The rigidity of the system prevents excessive elastic energy losses and reduces excessive vibration mode bending effects
Main featrures: Charpy impact tester – TT-AIT
– Touch screen operation console
– Automatic detection of instantly raised pendulum angle
– Automatic detection and correction based on friction force and air resistance
– Automatic impact center line detection
– Upgradable to optional instrumented system by adding impact curve measurement system.
– Optional software & computer controlled system for a fully automated impact operation
– Optional specimen feeding system (to be combined with Optional software & computer
– Optional low temperature chamber is available to satisfy thermally conditioned specimen test
down to -196℃.
Charpy Impact Testers TT-AIT SERIES
|Impact Energy (J)||150||300||500||750|
|Energy Resolution (J)||0.1||0.1||0.2||0.4|
|Pendulum Length||750 mm (29.5 in)|
|Anvil Span||40±0.2 mm|
|Maximum tangential velocity of pendulum||5~5.5 m/second (16.4~18.05ft/second)|
|Overall Weight||1000kg(2205 lbs)||1600 kg (3527 lbs)|
|Power||380±10% Vac, 3 Phase, 50/60 Hz, 2kW 10A|